Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jeweled Lamp

 Last week, Maria and I went to lunch at the Malibu Seafood restaurant on the PCH.
We ate our  fish and chips high above the Pacific, while the  dolphins  surfaced and dove into the  sky blue water.   It was a  beautiful clear day.
    Not wanting the afternoon to end, we went down to Cross Creek to window shop. I took her into the store called, Malibu Colony Company. It is a wonderful store full of luxurious beauty.
            While Tina, one of the owners, and Maria talked, I studied a couple of figurines embellished with  bits of jewelry.  I went  home that night and started this lamp. 
I've been hoarding  broken jewelry for a while, I guess, for this reason.








3 comments:

  1. Now I want to see more!! What does the shade look like? Give me more!! Its beautiful Leslie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea~ Every lamp should have a bit of bling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I couple more lamps I'd like to bling up

      Delete