Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fun Stuff

Guy and I are always thinking.
 He had  this wooden  base with holes in it, 
 so, he inserted these vintage bisque baby doll  hands into the  holes, and  Voila!
While  he was creating great art, 
I  asked Bobby (at Agoura Antique Mart), to connect 
some wine barrel bands together and turn them into a light fixture.
I'm really happy with the results.  He's a genius. He can fix anything.
This weekend, I also bought a collection of old tobacco pipes.
 Some are Irish Clay pipes, some are briar bowls with bakelite tips. 
You can see some of them in the picture of the mantel.





6 comments:

  1. Very artsy good! Love it!!..............jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hands!!! and that lamp! very cool, I'll try to come in on tuesday and see your cute little face!! xo ps. thanks for checkingpout my class!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are lucky I love old houses espesially the craftsman art ones. Have fun! I am ok I think.........jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hands are cute, makes me wonder if there is anything left in the pipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that lamp is gorgeous - how funky and cool! I'm just thinking where I could put it!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. anywhere, Sarah. Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete